Medical Travel Training Course
- Patient Experience By Christina De Moraes
Train Global Patient Advocates (GPAs) to assist patients in finding the right physician/provider for their needs regardless of location and encourage adoption of IMTCC “Optimal Standards of Practice” and behaviors that support patient education and advocacy and embrace care collaboration across borders to meet their needs with integrity and transparency. Abandon commission & contract model for transparency of the IMTCC’s Professional, fee-for-service and package bundling for optimal recovery and PX customization.
To date, there are no standardized protocols, training or requirements for someone working in this field and “horror stories” abound! As a result, this lack of value based and industry wide standards of behavior for patient advocacy and safety care
protocols reinforce the rogue nature of this industry. With expert training and adoption of consistent standards, processes and
protocols, the industry will have people trained in the skills needed to provide consistent, safe, transparent and value-rich services to patient customers as well as highlighting the importance of care collaboration and growing the reputation of ancillary industry providers and professionals.
Provide Education and Training on IMTCC Model and Best Practices
- Provide total menu of medical tourism client services with value added cost.
- Build and help to manage the medical tourism process (care continuum) from initial client contact and intake to surgical decision, collaboration with in country support (GPALiaison and Desk) to follow up once patient returns home. (via IMTCC PX System/workflows)
- Build relationships with other IMTCC members and Patient Experience (PX) including client, PCP, IMTCC physician, hospital, client’s family, GPAL and Concierge Desk, aftercare staff and travel resources.
- Understand the value in the IMTCC model to Present and sell the medical tourism process to potential clients and physicians
- Current Medical Tourism/Healthcare Market
- Patient Experience, Risk Mitigation & Care Collaboration
- Fundamentals of New GPA/GPAL/Desk Model
– ADVOCACY: PX EXPERIENCE
– AFTERCARE: RISK MITIGATION & CARE
– ACCOUNTABILITY: OVERSIGHT AND COMPLIANCE = HIGH TRUST & RATINGS
- Building and Delivering a medical tourism experience based on AAA
- Documents & Processe
this course is taught by Christina deMoraes. Christina has been a passionate Patient Advocate and Medical Concierge as well as a pioneer in the Medical Tourism industry since 2002.
Accessible tourism for tour leaders
Introduction with accessible tourism
1- What is accessible tourism?
2- Audiences of this type of tourism
3-Trends and megatrends of the tourism industry
4- A brief history of available tourism
5- The commercial situation of this market
6- Accessible tourism within the framework of regulations and laws (national and international)
7- The concept of global design
Access requirements for tourists with special needs
1-International Classification of Disability and Health (ICF)
2- The main access needs of people with special needs
3- How to interact with a passenger with limited mobility
4- How to interact with a hearing impaired passenger
5- How to interact with a visually impaired passenger
6- How to interact with travelers with cognitive limitations
1- The role of guides in the development of accessible tourism
2-Physical characteristics of accessible accommodation and reception centers
this course is taught by Dr. Betina Anzuletti from Noun Eventos
If you want to know more about medical tourism read the following: